30 Jan How Do I Add the Father’s Name to My Child’s Birth Certificate?
Add the Father’s Name to My Child’s Birth Certificate
Sometimes the father of a child does not have his name placed on his child’s birth certificate at the time of birth. We are frequently asked “Can a father be added to a birth certificate?” and the short answer is “yes”. We have covered in a prior post how to establish paternity. Additionally, under Florida Statute §382.015(2), the father’s name can be added to the birth certificate of his child once paternity is established. So, once paternity has been legally established as detailed in the post (via a final court decree, etc.), the parent must then send evidence that the man is the father of the child to the Florida Department of Health. Once the evidence of fatherhood is submitted to Florida’s Department of Health (usually sent by the clerk of court), the Department will prepare and file a revised birth certificate (with the father’s name on it) for your child.
Free Family Law Consultations
Paternity matters can be a complicated area of Florida Family Law, but don’t have to be. If you have any questions regarding such matters, give us a call at +1.786.309.8588.
Related Incoming Search Terms:
- how do i add my daughters father to her birth certificate
- do you have to put the father name on the birth certificate
- how do i add my son father to his birth certificate
- how to add a father’s name to a birth certificate
- can a father be added to a birth certificate
- how to get the father’s name on the birth certificate
- how do you add the father’s name to a birth certificate
- how to put fathers name on birth certificate
- How Do I Add the Father’s Name to My Child’s Birth Certificate?